The silicon photomultiplier market is expected to grow from USD 122 million in 2022 to USD 173million by 2028, at a CAGR of 7.6%
Silicon Photomultiplier Market: Overview
- According to the latest research report on the global silicon photomultiplier market for the historical year 2017 and the forecast period 2022– 2031, increasing use of SiPMs in the automotive industry for ADAS applications and demand in detection and imaging applications with advanced features are expected to boost the global silicon photomultiplier market during the forecast period
- In terms of revenue, the global silicon photomultiplier market is estimated to reach value of US$ 167.5 Mn by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of ~8% during the forecast period
Increasing Use of SiMPs in Automotive Industry for ADAS Applications: A Key Driver
- LiDAR has become a critical requirement for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) as the automotive industry moves toward improved driver safety and autonomous cars. SensL is developing a new range of SiPM, the R-Series that has improved detection efficiency at longer wavelengths used in LiDAR.
- Silicon Photomultipliers (SiPM) and Single Photon Avalanche Diode (SPAD) sensors are emerging as the most promising sensor technology for long range, >100m, direct time-of-flight LiDAR that needs to function in bright daylight and with low reflectance targets. Jakajima B.V. has developed LIDAR dedicated Single-Photon Avalanche Diode (SPAD) arrays and Silicon Photomultiplier (SiPM) arrays, which are manufactured within the company’s own automotive qualified 0.35µm CMOS technology.
- This driver is expected to have a high impact on the global silicon photomultipliers (SiPM) market during the forecast period
Download Sample of This Strategic Report: https://www.sdki.us/sample-request-111348
Demand in Detection and Imaging Applications with Advanced Features: A Key Driver
- The excellent performance of SiPMs, which is detection up to single photon detection capability, changed the understanding of the fundamental principle of light detection and provided the possibility of reaching the limit of detection of the photon flux
- Silicon photomultipliers (SiPMs) are the new step in the development of modern detection structures in the area of low photon flux detection with a unique capability of detection up to the single photon
- This driver is also expected to have a high impact on the global silicon photomultipliers (SiPM) market during the forecast period
Technological Incompatibility of SiPMs Hindering Growth of Silicon Photomultiplier Market
- The development of SiPM in the CMOS framework faces significant issues. The most relevant problem in the integration of such structures within CMOS technology is that they can suffer localized breakdown conditions on the locally concentrated high electric field at the junction edges.
- Although CMOS compatible technology offers some possibility of implementing such guard rings, it is normally needed to add specific masks in order to allow the overlap between highly doped and low doped regions and to correct the doping profiles.
- Another problem in the development of SiPM quantum devices within the standard CMOS technology is the difficulty to control the thermal e/h pairs generating the dark noise of the optical detector. These restraints might hamper the market as this affects the manufacturing techniques of manufacturers
Get a Sample Copy of the Report@ https://www.sdki.us/sample-request-111348
Silicon Photomultiplier Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of providers of silicon photomultipliers have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the global silicon photomultiplier market are
- Cremat Excelitas Technologies Corporation
- Cremat Inc.
- First Sensor AG
- Ketek GMBH
- Radiation Monitoring Devices Inc.
Silicon Photomultiplier Market: Key Developments
- Key providers of silicon photomultipliers, such as Dedrone, DeTect, Inc., DroneShield, Enterprise Control Systems, and Lockheed Martin Corporation are focusing on the construction of cost-effective silicon photomultipliers so as to attract more customers. Some other key developments in the global silicon photomultiplier market are highlighted below:
- In May 2020, Broadcom announced the availability of DX NetOps powered by Broadcom Silicon, the industry’s first AI-driven, high scale operations monitoring and analytics solution. DX NetOps delivers fine-grain per packet and flow level visibility to mitigate complex network congestion.
- In September 2019, KETEK’s launched the new SiPM-TIA-Module as an excellent plug-and-play PMT replacement, based on its PM33xx-WB silicon photomultipliers. It offers exceptional linearity with an internal low-noise preamplifier and has an integrated bias circuit.
- In the global silicon photomultiplier market report, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of silicon photomultiplier systems. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the global silicon photomultiplier market.
Silicon Photomultiplier Market – Scope of the Report
A new study on the global silicon photomultiplier market presents detailed information of key market dynamics, including drivers, trends, and challenges of the global silicon photomultiplier market as well as its structure. The study offers valuable information on the global silicon photomultiplier market in order to illustrate how the global market is expected to expand during the forecast period i.e. 2019 – 2027.
Key indicators of market growth, which include value chain analysis and compound annual growth rate (CAGR), have been elucidated in the study in a comprehensive manner. This data can help readers interpret the quantitative growth aspects of the global silicon photomultiplier market.
An extensive analysis of business strategies adopted by leading market players has been also featured in the study on the global silicon photomultiplier market. This can help readers understand key factors responsible for growth of the global silicon photomultiplier market. In this study, readers can also find specific data on avenues for qualitative and quantitative growth of the global silicon photomultiplier market. This data would guide market players in making apt decisions in the near future.
Key Questions Answered in the Study on Silicon Photomultiplier Market
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth trend of the global silicon photomultiplier market between 2017 and 2027?
- What is the influence of changing trends in technology on the global silicon photomultiplier market?
- Would North America continue to be the most dominant regional market for providers of silicon photomultipliers in the next few years?
- Which factors would hinder the global silicon photomultiplier market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies operating in the global silicon photomultiplier market
For more information about this report visit: https://www.sdki.us/sample-request-111348
A unique research methodology has been utilized to conduct comprehensive research on the global silicon photomultiplier market and arrive at conclusions on future growth prospects for the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the conclusions drawn.
Secondary research sources referred to by analysts during production of the report on the global silicon photomultiplier market include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and market white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who have contributed to the production of the study on the global silicon photomultiplier market as a primary research source.
These primary and secondary sources provided exclusive information during interviews, which served as a validation from leading players operating in the global silicon photomultiplier market. Access to an extensive internal repository as well as external proprietary databases allowed this report to address specific details and questions about the global silicon photomultiplier market with accuracy. The study also uses a top-down approach to assess the numbers for each segment and a bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in making estimates on future prospects for the global silicon photomultiplier market more reliable and accurate.